Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spontaneous

Yesterday during work lunch break, I was sitting in the cafeteria with my mom chatting with her friends, and then one of them asks me if I am taking my computer. There I was about to respond with a Yes I Am~ when my mom butts in and replies "nah he's not taking his current laptop there, I'm going to buy him a new one".

At that moment I was pretty confused.I know my parents current financial situation and my costly year long holiday in another country approaching in less than 5 days, so I didn't know why they offered to buy me a new computer. Though, like any reasonably sane person, who was I to reject their offer or complain about it?

The following day my mom and I at lunch break decided that we'll go visit the computer store after work. I know I told myself I wouldn't do overtime for the last two days at work before I quit, but my mom was stuck training the engineers for another hour and I was stuck waiting for her, so yay to a little extra cash that I initially refused. I actually have never seen her training engineers before but I thought it was neat, though I felt bad disturbing her lecture and cutting her slideshow short.

Surprisingly, purchasing the laptop was a pretty open and shut case for me. Got there, viewed what was available and pretty much said I want this one *points to the laptop* and yeah it was purchased, not by me of course. Also with the laptop, my mom encouraged me to get more stuff O_O (it is a first!) so I got a new external harddrive, surge protectors, anti-virus software and a carry bag. I think overall my laptop is not a uber expensive one but I like it so it's not too bad. In the photo it's the middle one haha bronze cause I like the look on bronze especially on hot looking people.

My mom gave me instructions not to tell my brother or sisters about them purchasing the laptop because of the favourite child issue - most families have this right? haha. I still live with all my siblings and we're all relatively close in age. So with that being said, if they knew that I was spoilt more than the other, they'd wonder why they're not spoiled? Not only that, but they'd go though PMS attacks wtih raging emotions of all sorts.

It's not my fault I'm the favourite. LOL I think if I said that out loud, one of the three would have had an attempt to punch my face in. According to them, they are the most favourite ones. Though it's pretty obvious who's the favourite one. I think my parents give me more than what I deserve and I am so thankful for what they've done for me. Love you dad and mom.

_

On the random note, I was talking to this woman who they label as Grandma at work. Here was our conversation:

Grandma: So.. You're going to move away there?
Me: Yep. I'm not sure if I can handle it but I will give it a go.
Grandma: hehe.. Food must be expensive there, isn't it?
Me: Um, I'm not quite sure!
Grandma: Sure it is. You know when I was last there in 1973, the price of steak was $40.
*looks blankly at her*
*she looks blankly at me like she knows she's right.*
Me: I was born almost in the 1990s.

No comments: